EOLIS' Commitment Pledge sets forth the Company's Code of Ethical conduct and serves as the foundation on which the Company has built its operations and relationships with EOLIS' partners, project directors, licensees, affiliated consultants, agents and representatives.
EOLIS conducts its business in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism, and hold itself responsible not only for meeting applicable legal requirements, but also for adopting exemplary practices in attorney search and related legal consulting services. Toward this end, EOLIS conducts a yearly survey of clients, candidates, and members of the EOLIS corporate family who contribute anecdotal reports . We welcome your feedback - anytime.
RELATIONS WITH CLIENTS
• Information provided to clients is the most complete and accurate information known to EOLIS, except in the event of a superseding confidentiality obligation.
• No information, which the client would reasonably consider essential to a decision, will be withheld without being advised that EOLIS possesses relevant information that it is not at liberty to disclose. EOLIS alerts clients appropriately, in such circumstances.
• EOLIS refers candidates to clients upon explicit authority to do so.
• Due diligence reports, pertaining to individual lawyers, are conducted in strict accordance with applicable laws, and reference checks for employment may be conducted upon written consent of the candidate.
• EOLIS maintains a strict policy of confidentiality of materials provided to us in confidence, so long as they are not publicly disclosed by others, except to the extent that clients provide information to assist us in appropriately discrete discussions on their behalf. Clients' private financial documentation is not transmitted to others except with prior consent of the client, except in the course of a legal proceeding, in which cas EOLIS acts on advice of its counsel.
•EOLIS refrains from recruiting candidates placed with a client as follows: full retainer searches for a period of 2 years, hybrid and exclusive searches for a period of 18 months, contingency searches one year. EOLIS also refrains from recruitment of lawyers from any law firm at which EOLIS is engaged in active referrals, for a minimum of 90 days from the last meeting between the employer and an EOLIS candidate.
• EOLIS refrains from identifying specific client projects publicly, except as specifically agreed or in connection with a legal proceeding.
RELATIONS WITH CANDIDATES
• Information provided to candidates shall be the most accurate information known to EOLIS.
• EOLIS will not withhold employer information, which a candidate would reasonably consider essential to his or her decision, to become employed by that employer, subject to the search firm's duties to the employer.
• Candidates shall be submitted to employers only with the candidates' express prior consent; once a candidate has given such consent, EOLIS' referral for an appointment is not reversible
• EOLIS treats as confidential all information supplied to it in confidence by a candidate, subject to EOLIS' obligations to the employer.
• EOLIS informs search candidates of the results of its presentations in a timely manner.
• EOLIS does not attempt to exert undue influence or otherwise coerce a candidate into consideration of employment with an EOLIS client, but may advocate for the client based on a professional opinion of the value of the match.
RELATIONS AMONG EOLIS AFFILIATES
• Affiliates are responsible for conducting their relatioships with EOLIS and EOLIS clients and colleagues in a professional and ethical manner and consistent with the EOLIS Commitment Pledge..
• Affiliates may but are not required to identify themselves as EOLIS affiliates except if specified in an agreement between the parties for a particular assignment.
• EOLIS is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to the language and spirit of all applicable laws related to equal employment opportunity and the promotion of diversity in the workplace. EOLIS refers candidates without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sexual preference, marital status, gender, handicap, age, or any other legally proscribed criteria.
• EOLIS policies never intend to cause a conflict with its legal obligations under applicable statutes, regulations and ordinances. Moreover, EOLIS policies do not supersede or replace any of the Company’s contractual obligations as detailed in a written mutually signed agreement.
For the avoidance of doubt, the EOLIS Commitment Pledge is a representation ONLY of the Company's "best efforts."
Note: The EOLIS Commitment Pledge was last reviewed and updated December 20, 2017.