A journalist with experience in writing for a wide range of print publications on legal/business affairs and gaming/poker matters, Wendeen Eolis takes special pleasure in connecting her adventures in business, politics, and poker and applying the negotiating principles of these varied endeavors.
In her memoir (a long-term project), "Raising the Stakes"... she highlights lessons learned in high stakes negotiations--from the board room to the card room. Excerpts from "Raising the Stakes (in law, business, politics, poker, and beyond...)" are slated for publication in 2018. "Raising the Stakes" will feature diverse vignettes to demonstrate negotiating savvy and pitfalls. Here is a partial index of her encounters with high-profile achievers that are likely to find their way to the book's pages:
- Rudy Giuliani seeks counsel from Wendeen in the “ice cream truck”
- George Pataki recruits her away into a down and dirty campaign
- Wayne Newton sweats a libel case with Wendeen at Casa de Shenandoah
- Donald Trump dazzles her at dinner and at his Mara Lago estate
- World Poker Tour CEO Lyle Berman bails Wendeen out of a tight spot
- Former AOL/Time Warner CEO Dick Parsons warns of sharks
- Anthony “Fat Tony” Salerno “protects” Wendeen at her mother’s front door
- James Woods presses her to reveal a biographer’s sources
- Telly Savalas gets crippled by Wendeen at the World Series of Poker
- Tobey Maguire grabs $100 from her and comes back for more
- Poker legend Doyle Brunson schools Wendeen in No-Limit Hold’em
Articles by Wendeen Eolis
Wendeen contributes articles to mainstream and trade publications devoted to law, business, government affairs, legislative issues, gaming regulations, and leadership coaching. As the author of Power Poker Dame, a compendium of her poker articles, and People Reading Secrets, a prescriptive manual, Wendeen entertains as she teaches her business principles, poker playing gambits and personal philosophy that are the foundation for her pursuit of excellence and material to her quest for perpetual Renaissance.