EOLIS Commitment Pledge
A strong ethical compass
EOLIS's Commitment Pledge sets forth the Company's Code of Ethical conduct and serves as the foundation on which the Company has built its operations and relationships with EOLIS's clients, candidates, project partners, directors, licensees, affiliated consultants, agents, and representatives.
EOLIS conducts its business in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism and holds itself responsible, not only for meeting applicable legal requirements but also for adopting exemplary practices--in attorney search/vetting projects, attorney career transition services assignments, and related legal marketplace consulting services. We welcome your feedback - anytime.
• EOLIS optimizes legal talent in law firms, other service businesses, corporate and institutional settings, including a substantial client base of corporate boards of directors and government agencies--domestic and international--with a commitment pledge of a strong moral compass and pursuit of excellence
• EOLIS sets the example as an equal opportunity employer; presenting legal talent without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sexual preference, marital status, gender, handicap, age, or any other legally proscribed criteria and committed to the language and spirit of all applicable EEO laws and a leader in diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• EOLIS policies always intend to meet or exceed legal obligations under applicable statutes, regulations, and ordinances. Moreover, EOLIS policies do not supersede or replace any of the Company’s contractual obligations as detailed in a mutually signed agreement.
• EOLIS supports environmental awareness, social responsibility, and best practices in corporate governance.
For the avoidance of doubt, the EOLIS Commitment Pledge is a representation ONLY as the Company's "best efforts."
RELATIONS WITH EMPLOYER CLIENTS
• The Information provided to clients falls within the following parameters, the most complete, accurate, relevant information known to EOLIS, that the Company is permitted to transmit, in accordance with its policies of confidentiality which shall be noted in its due diligence reports.
• Reference checks and due diligence reports in connection with any form of employment pertaining to individual lawyers are conducted in strict accordance with applicable laws including federal statutes, state laws, and local regulations and ordinances.
• Reference checks for employment, partnerships, corporate directorships, etc are conducted upon written consent and appropriate waivers of the candidate in strict conformance with relevant legal requirements.
• EOLIS maintains confidentiality of client information/materials, until/unless published by others, except in the event of a legal proceeding, in which case EOLIS reserves the right to act on the advice of counsel.
• In its search and recruiting activities, EOLIS refrains from soliciting candidates placed with a client for one year, provided the employer has paid all fees due, per EOLIS's standard fee/guarantee/terms schedule.
• EOLIS refrains from the recruitment of any lawyer presented by EOLIS to an employer as a shareholder/partner candidate for a minimum of 90 days from the last personal meeting between the employer and candidate.
• EOLIS refrains from identifying active clients, specific projects, and /or individual relationships unless previously disclosed by others, with explicit consent or in connection with a legal proceeding.
RELATIONS WITH INDIVIDUAL CLIENTS
• Information provided to individual clients shall be the most accurate information known to EOLIS.
• EOLIS shall not withhold employer information known to EOLIS which an individual client would reasonably consider essential to consideration of a transaction with the employer.
• I EOLIS is responsible for an initial appointment between an individual lawyer and an employer, in the event of a placement transaction, EOLIS shall be paid its placement fees in full.
EOLIS's referral of a lawyer to an employer is not reversible.
• EOLIS treats as confidential all information supplied to it in confidence by a candidate, subject to EOLIS's obligations to the employer and /or requirements of a legal proceeding.
• EOLIS informs search candidates of the results of its presentations in accordance with its agreements with the client employer.
• EOLIS shall advocate for a client employer and/or an individual lawyer based on its professional opinion of the worthiness of a match, but shall not attempt to exert undue influence or otherwise coerce either side into consideration of a transaction that will benefit EOLIS.
RELATIONS AMONG EOLIS AFFILIATES
• Affiliates are responsible for conducting their relationships with EOLIS and EOLIS clients and colleagues in a professional and ethical manner and consistent with the EOLIS Commitment Pledge.
• Affiliates may but are not required to identify themselves as EOLIS affiliates, except if specified in an agreement between the parties, for a particular assignment.
Note: The EOLIS Commitment Pledge was last reviewed and updated in September 2020.